Dr. Moushumi Datta is the Professor in Department of Geography and former Vice Principal of Nagindas Khandwala College. She is M. Sc (Geography), MBA, PhD (Geography), PhD (Management) and Ph.D. Guide in Geography, University of Mumbai. She is the member of Board of Studies (Geography) in University of Mumbai.
She has various national and international publications to her credit. She has co-edited and authored several books in Geography. She has presented research papers in several universities in UK and USA. She has undertaken one Minor Research Project (Sponsored: UGC), two Minor Research Project (Sponsored: University of Mumbai), one Industry Consultancy Project, one interdisciplinary project (Sponsored: Maharashtra State Commission for Women), one Major Research Project (Sponsored: ICSSR) and one Major Research Project- Ongoing (Sponsored: ICSSR-IMPRESS). She has organized many conferences and workshops at state, national and international level.
She is the coordinator of IQAC and ISO. She is the coordinator of NAAC and RUSA. She is the convener of Attendance Committee and Mentoring. She is the coordinator of MA (Geography) and M. Sc (Geoinformatics).
Awards and Accolades
- Best Ensemble Faculty Award – 2012 by EET,
- Best Researcher Award”, 2013 by EET,
- Award for Contribution in Research” 2013 by Indus Foundation, USA,
- Nation Builder Award – Rotary Club- 2020 and
- The Real Super Women Award 2020 – Forever Star India Award.
- Excellent IQAC Coordinator Award- 2022 Thakur Awards for Excellence .
- Institute of Scholars awarded the Best Principal Award-2023
- Received 3 patents from Government of India
- Received 1 patent from Government of Australia
- Filed 1 Utility Patent from Department of Geoinformatics with Government of India.
- Filed 1 Journal Patent with Government of India.
- One copyright accepted by Government of India on Mangroves in Mumbai